TOPS is a 4 year program. Of the 30 credits required to graduate at an Ontario high school, twenty of these are taken at the TOPS level.
- Civics and Career Studies
- Grade 10 Mathematics (Semester 1)
- Grade 11 Advanced Functions and Relations (Semester 2)
- Computer Science
- TOPS Calculus Level 2 (AP BC equivalent) or TOPS Calculus Level 1 (AP AB equivalent)
- Advanced Placement English*
- At least 1 of:
- Mathematics – Linear Algebra
- Mathematics – Data Management*
- At least 2 of:
- Advanced Placement Physics C* or Physics
An “*” indicates a course that prepares students for the equivalent AP exams. It is important to note that students are allowed to write AP exams (in early May), regardless of the courses that they have taken in high school. TOPS students routinely score well on any AP exam which they have adequately prepared to write.
TOPS students are required to fill out their timetables with at least ten elective courses over their tenure at our school. These may include: technological classes (Computer Science, Robotics, Computer Engineering), additional language classes (French, Writer’s Craft), the arts (Drama, Visual Arts, Music, Film, Photography), and Social Science classes (Law, World Issues, Finance, Philosophy, Economics).